Re: bcm43xx_mac80211 (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

John W. Linville wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 06:07:48PM +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
Some new info...

Still playing with the new driver (bcm43xx_mac80211) I discovered
1. ifconfig -a lists among other devices wlan0, however ifup cannot use it (complains about missing configuration)

OK, I missed the point of you complaining about "eth1" missing... :-)

2. after I tried creating new wireless network with NetworkManager it stayed connected to wired network, however it detected some wireless networks here. So it seems the wifi is working, the wifi driver as well, only configuration for ifup is missing. Why? Is it some new "feature" or is it just a bug?

Did you setup wlan0 w/ system-config-network?  If not, ifup'ing it
won't help.

John

Hm... when I try to add new device in system-config-network I can choose only eth* (though I can write there wlan0 manually), but I don't know which adapter to choose, because mine does not seems to be listed there... I think it should be detected and set automatically like in previous versions of fedora.

Thanks,
Martin