Re: F7 Zope package

Le lundi 07 mai 2007 à 11:53 -0500, David G. Mackay a écrit :
> On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 02:25 -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
>
> > The point is that
> > there is no planned support for python 2.4 in Fedora 7 and thus I needed
> > to remove the packages from the build system. I invite Zope/Plone users
> > to express their desire to have support but I think I have already
> > fought the battle to the best of my abilities and feel any further
> > action on my part is futile.
>
> Thanks for trying.  This is all starting to sound more like a moral
> crusade than a technical discussion.

Don't be mistaken. This is everything but a moral crusade. compat
packages are a big distro pain, compat packages for something as complex
as python would be a major F7 pain, and you're all a little quick to
decide it's the obvious easy solution.

It's not an easy solution and it's not an obvious one, especially
lacking some form of commitment zope-side not to repeat the mess for the
next (F8) release.

--
Nicolas Mailhot