bcm43xx_mac80211 (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon May 7 18:09:22 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> John W. Linville (linville at redhat.com) said:
>>> Hm... when I try to add new device in system-config-network I can choose
>>> only eth* (though I can write there wlan0 manually), but I don't know which
>>> adapter to choose, because mine does not seems to be listed there... I
>>> think it should be detected and set automatically like in previous versions
>>> of fedora.
>> Hmmm...my wlan0 shows-up there automatically...Bill?
>
> kudzu -p -c network? (Or does s-c-network use HAL these days?)
>
> Bill

# kudzu -p -c network
-
class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: eth1
driver: bcm43xx
desc: "Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN
Controller"
vendorId: 14e4
deviceId: 4318
subVendorId: 1468
subDeviceId: 0312
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  6
pcidev:  2
pcifn:  0
-
class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: eth0
driver: b44
desc: "Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX"
network.hwaddr: 00:16:d4:1a:34:78
vendorId: 14e4
deviceId: 170c
subVendorId: 1025
subDeviceId: 0090
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  6
pcidev:  1
pcifn:  0

But still nothing in system-config-network. Also, I think under driver there
should be bmc43xx_mac80211 since I have bcm43xx blacklisted and the
NetworkManager indeed uses the bmc43xx_mac80211 driver. This behaviour seems
quite weird to me.

Thanks,
Martin