ipw3945/iwlwifi/iwl3945 users, please test latest davej kernels

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Tue May 8 13:03:36 UTC 2007

If you are a rawhide user/tester and have ipw3945 hardware, please
try the latest kernels here:

	http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/fc7/

I am having mixed results with the latest iwl3945 updates, but I'm
not sure if it is this particular laptop having problems or the driver
in general.

Please give the latest kernels a try and let me know how it is working
for you.  Please also let me know what was the last kernel that worked
any better for ipw3945 hardware than the current ones.

At this point, I am quite uneasy about this driver.  It seems to work
fine at times, then crash or simply refuse to associate at others.
I am considering backing it out to the 0.0.16 tag or possibly even
removing it (since the driver has _still_ not been posted upstream).
Thoughts?

Thanks,

John
--