Re: F7 Zope package

Brian Pepple wrote:
On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 18:42 +0530, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
What is happening here is that no matter who wants to maintain Python
2.4.x in whatever form for Fedora 7, the idea is being shot down since
Jeremy (the main Python maintainer) does not like it. That is what
needs a little explaining. All that I have seen is that it will cause
"agonizing pain", "it is too difficult", etc..

No, the reason the idea is being shot down is because the majority of
FESCo does not like the idea.

Why? If FESco cannot properly explain itself, I vote that we put this to a vote instead of letting FESco take a decision on their gut feeling.

Fedora is supposed to be a democracy (ish) I'm now asking my representatives to explain their decision's / voting.

Regards,

Hans