F7 Zope package

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 8 20:49:09 UTC 2007

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

>>> Is this true?  I've always been under the impression that anything
>>> that the
>>> rel-notes writers had missed pre-release could be included in the
>>> updates.
>
>> That's correct. The process is not just for last minute decisions. The
>> number of people who work on the release notes is very few and we do
>> miss things that gets pointed out and added later.
>
> I am not talking about what the rule book says.

I just clarified the description of the release notes process being
actively involved in that effort. Regardless of what you were talking
about it might help others to understand the process better and
hopefully participate in it.

I can not help
> noticing how we are being really rigid while saying, "If Zope can not
> migrate to a later release of Python in one year its their headache,
> God help them.", but keep giving excuses why such a big development
> does not make it to the on-media release notes.

It didn't make it into the on media release notes because there are more
people willing to talk in length about how bad it is but not willing to
contribute.

Rahul