Re: DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

On May 8, 2007, at 8:58 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 02:09 +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
    It will be included in rawhide and after proper testing might be
pushed as an update to FC6/FC7 too. Or at least that's the picture I got.

The packages for yum-presto and deltarpm certainly can be. Whether the
official Fedora repositories have deltarpms enabled is a different
matter.

It would be good to do this for rawhide, however that is something we'll
have to evaluate post-F7.  Just too much stuff to look at for the time
being.

Don't forget - F8 is only 6 or 7 months away. If enough people put time and effort into developing, maintaining, and testing Presto, there's no reason[1] it can't be installed by default for F8..

-w

[1] well, assuming the mirror maintainers are OK with carrying it..