Re: Sun just released the JDK under the GPL implications for F8 / F9?

>> Which Fedora release this ships in depends on how quickly the
>> encumbrances can be lifted.

Bill> Is it a matter of lifting the encumberances, or just re-implementing
Bill> said parts (and what are those parts?)

Re-implementing -- and to be clear, everybody, including Sun, wants to
do this.  The binary blobs are a temporary measure.

The bits I know about are some color management things (Roman has
already successfully dropped in the Classpath impl -- but this too is
not a permanent fix), parts of the Java 2D rendering pipeline, and
some the font rasterizer.  This is just what they mentioned on stage,
I haven't dug into the sources to see more details.

Tom