Re: [Guidelines Change] Conflicts

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 11:01 -0400, Michael Wiktowy wrote:

> Just seeking some clarity why not doing the right thing is the right
> thing to do.

It was the attempt to say "Keeping Conflicts for old packages that don't
exist anymore, and are not really plausible to come up in an upgrade
scenario isn't necessary."

Conflicts are one more thing that yum has to parse when performing
package installs/upgrades, and anywhere we can make yum's job easier, I
wholeheartedly endorse. :)

~spot