Re: Packaging quality, assistance.

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 09:48 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 16:50 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le Mer 9 mai 2007 14:12, David Woodhouse a ├ęcrit :

> > The latest clash is people trying to ignore Core rules and apply Extra
> > practices to a Core component. Obviously there needs to be some sort
> > of convergence to avoid new incidents
>
> Yes.  Merging is a two way street, so some adaptations will be required
> on both sides.
Don't you think we already have done?

Whether you like it or not, from a community point of view, actually
nothing substantial has changed so far, except that we have been facing
the side-effects of "construction-work near RH" on the Fedora
infrastructure.

Wrt. "collaboration with RH" and "unifying Core and Extra"s on packaging
work actually nothing much has happened. Packages which have been under
RH control still are under RH control and what had been under "community
maintenance" still also is.

The actual development model hasn't changed. It's still "RH vs.
community".

Ralf