compat-python for Fedora 7

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Thu May 10 14:02:33 UTC 2007

Hi Jonathan,

I have been trying to make a compatibility Python 2.4 package for
Fedora 7. I have based it on the Python 2.4 package for Fedora Core 6,
but have removed certain parts of the SPEC file since the python-2.4
FC6 SRPM was not building as it is on a Fedora 7 test 4 system. I am
new to packaging and it is taking me some time to learn the tricks of
the trade and figure exactly which portions of the older package need
to be modified to fix the building problems.

For the time being you can have a look at the SPEC file and the SRPM
at the following links:
http://glug-nith.org/~rishi/download/src/compat-python.spec
http://glug-nith.org/~rishi/download/src/compat-python-2.4.4-1.fc7.src.rpm

Hope you find it useful.