Re: kernel package

On 05/11/2007 01:49 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 10:50 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
A question; Before I open BZ... Is the kernel team (I see Dave Jones is doin' much; that's why CC:) willing to help AlphaCore and add patches to kernel spec?

No, it's nothing for upstream. Just fixes for the spec. Some if(n)arch's, sections for alpha, a config, ... Nothing that should break primary archs...

We don't like ifarches. Why?

I know, we don't like ifarchs, but for now it's the easiest way. We apply patches that will need much rework to don't break alpha - I believe...

Of course, I will try to get 'em out as good as I can!

Yeah, I'm not averse to babysitting this -- and when I get home in a
fortnight or so I can possibly even dig out the SX164 too.

Oh, great! That's fine to hear!

Got a ppc{64,}>alpha crosscompiler? :)

Nop. :-(

We could _really_ do with kickstarting the cross-binutils and cross-gcc
efforts -- at least for Fedora architectures to start with, and the
embedded targets could follow.

:-)

-of