Re: Legality of Fedora in production environment

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 05:28:45PM +0400, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
Randy Wyatt wrote:
Why wouldn't a hard copy of the GPL suffice ?
Yep, but GPL is not approrved officially in our (and many other) countries. I know that some users do notarially certified translation of GPL, but it costs money too. (Hopefully the ranslation of GPL only is enough, not BSD, MPL etc.)

since Russia is a member of the Berne Convention, if I recall well, some lawyer consider that there shouldn't be a need for a translation and
even that no translation is better.
Yes. It is the reason why hardware "comes back after the 2 week checking". Fortunately.
In any case I am not convinced that this discussion belongs to
fedora-devel-list, although I am not sure that there exists a list about those kind of issues.
"Fedora-devel" implies not home enthusiasts only. Normally a lot of things we use in some non-home place, and all such places are affected.

Consider the situation: you go to your employer and say "I want to help to develop Fedora, let's change our, say RHEL2, server to Fedora 7, I can guarantee that I'm skilled enough to support this". What the employer shoild answer? "No, I don't want troubles wiith policy, because your Fedora is not accompanied with any hard copy legal documents". :(

~buc