Re: Liberation fonts package.

Miles Lane wrote:
I must say, while I appreciate the intent, these fonts do not have
good render hinting for Windows XP.  I will test them on Fedora 7 and
Ubuntu 7.04 later.

It wouldn't have good hinting anywhere. You might want to read the some information http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/05/09/liberation-fonts/

"The first release is a set of fully usable fonts, but they will lack the fully hinting capability (hinting adjusts font pixelization so that the fonts render with high quality at large and small sizes) provided by TrueType/FreeType technology. That release is now ready. The second release will provide full hinting of the fonts, and that release will be available by the end of the calendar year."

Rahul