Re: Liberation fonts package.

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> > I must say, while I appreciate the intent, these fonts do not have
> > good render hinting for Windows XP.  I will test them on Fedora 7 and
> > Ubuntu 7.04 later.
>
> It wouldn't have good hinting anywhere. You might want to read the some

Fedora's freetype won't use the hinting information anyway for patent reasons.
Instead, it uses Freetype's autohinter, which doesn't need any hinting
information. Only non-Freetype systems or Freetype systems with the autohinter
turned off will render unhinted fonts in a really ugly way.

        Kevin Kofler