Re: PowerTOP tool released; time to fix the wasted laptop power on fedora?

Martin Sourada wrote:

Cool thing, just tried it on rawhide with the not-so-unexpected result where the top is liferea and epiphany followed by usb, XOrg and eth0.... But what I didn't expect was the power usage and count of wakeups:
Wakeups-from-idle per second :  413.0
Power usage (ACPI estimate) :   1.1 W (2.4 hours left)

1.1 W? That is really low IMO... Really, really interesting. Hope this tool helps to improve linux powersaving capabilities in the future. Keep the good work :-)

Martin

I looked once more at the power usage: 1.1W... is it OK? Shouldn't there be 11W? I have quite ordinal laptop with Intel Celeron M 420, I don't think such low power usage is possible on this... Any idea? And well, I have the 1.1 version of PowerTOP.

Thanks,
Martin