Legality of Fedora in production environment

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Mon May 14 16:57:06 UTC 2007

Mamoru Tasaka writes:

 > In this case we must make it sure that the translated license can
 > be accepted on Fedora. Actually I have one software which I want to
 > submit into Fedora, of which the license is written completely in
 > Japanese. I asked the developer (, who is Japanese) some questions
 > about the license, then translated into English, sent to Callaway,
 > and he asked FSF about my translated license. And we (Callaway and
 > me) are waiting the reply from FSF from more than one month.....

Well, that's hardly surprising: it's not the FSF's mission to review
other people's licences.  Is it really quite impossible to relicense
this package using one of the well-known free licences?

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903