Re: Making beagle optional

On Monday 14 May 2007 10:58:11 Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I just commited a change to comps which makes beagle optional instead of
> installed by default. The idea with beagle (and tracker) is nice, but
> bugs keep on showing up causing the search daemon to use a lot of cpu
> and/or memory, and this makes the default install look pretty bad.
>
> This is somewhat of a feature regression in the default install, but at
> this point we just don't have the manpower to make it work 100%. But if
> people want it its still there, and eventually it'll be good enought to
> turn on by default without affecting the general distro quality.

The Release Team discussed this today and agreed with your proposal with the
following addition.

The beagle package set will be added to the manifest for the 'Fedora' spin of
Fedora 7.  This will help folks upgrading from Fedora Core 6 that may have
beagle installed.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora