ipw3945/iwlwifi/iwl3945 users, please test latest davej kernels

hondaman hondaman at gmail.com
Mon May 14 23:53:44 UTC 2007

I just did, at your suggestion.  Rebooted, and I still dont have a wireless
option in NetworkManager

Checked the logs, and the only thing that might be abnormal is this:
May 14 18:49:56 hondalap2 NetworkManager: <info>  Updating allowed wireless
network lists.
May 14 18:49:56 hondalap2 NetworkManager: <WARN>  nm_dbus_get_networks_cb():
error received: org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo.NoNetworks - There are no
wireless networks stored..
May 14 18:50:00 hondalap2 setroubleshoot: [rpc.ERROR] attempt to open server
connection failed: (2, 'No such file or directory')
May 14 18:50:06 hondalap2 NetworkManager: <info>  Disconnected.

On 5/14/07, Austin Foxley <austinf at cetoncorp.com> wrote:

> hondaman wrote:
> > After I tried to create a new wireless network and failed, I then tried
> the
> > (whats the other wireless option, join existing?  I cant remember, the
> > option isnt there anymore) other wireless option in NetworkManager, and
> > crashed.  Sent the bug report, rebooted, and now my wireless again
> doesnt
> > appear.  Only wired as an option.
>
> > selinux is off, using x86-64
>
> Did you try the new wireless-tools build at:
> http://kojiweb.fedoraproject.org/packages/wireless-tools/28/3.fc7/
>
> --
> Austin Foxley
> Ceton Corporation
> http://www.cetoncorp.com
>

> --

"Do you know about the dangers of DRM? Find out at
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"