Re: CD version gone?

On Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:02 PM +0930 n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat gmail com> wrote:

On 5/12/07, Kenneth Porter <shiva sewingwitch com> wrote:

Do the computers have USB? If so, you could load a DVD image on an
external drive. They're getting pretty cheap now.

I think one might have USB, but the BIOS would be too old to allow
booting from it.

You could boot from a CD with just the installer/rescue image (which is small) and use a "hard disk" installation with the DVD ISO image on the USB hard drive. I usually do upgrades this way, copying the image to the system to be upgraded, then requesting a hard disk install.