Re: Fedora KDE Channel?

On 5/14/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Does it make sense to anyone else to have a Fedora KDE irc chatroom?
> I'm not too fond of being spoken down to when I mention KDE, and my
> usage thereof.

How is having a channel like this going to make you stop feeling so
insecure about your usage of a desktop environment? Why should anyone
else care?

The goal isn't to feel more or less secure, nor am I suggesting that
this be done for me. The question is whether or not _others_ see any
benefit in this. Nor did I ask anyone else to care. I don't go to the
IRC channel to deal with overly aggressive people, but to help
newbies, and others whom I am able to.

> I wanted to attach this to the KDE SIG thread, but it seemed to far
> from the original topic.

If any such channel is created it should be by the SIG for contributors
to get involved. Your goal doesn't seem to be that at all. I think KDE
developers in Fedora (which is a pretty small group) should use common
channels like #fedora-devel for participation. Living in your own island
helps no one.

Fair enough.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud