Re: [Fwd: Re: Legality of Fedora in production environment]

nodata wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 15.05.2007, 17:35 +0400 schrieb Dmitry Butskoy:
Certainly, it is (still) not wide-spread, but I hear about such a threat at each RHEL-related seminar now. A user ask "what about if I just download from Internet", the "official" answer is "it is dangerous, because your computers can be confiscated etc...", and "if you don't want such troubles, buy (our) box with some license paper..."

Did you experience this yourself first hand,

Fortunately, still no.

or hear it off someone at a conference?

Yes. It has begun recently. On each conference, more "off everyone" rather than "off someone".

Did they experience it first hand?

They know the actual cases. I am inclined to trust them.

Besides that, I know about some cases from independent sources (off non-software people).

It is enough to start worry.

~buc