Re: [RFC] Make koji a complete rpmfind replacement

On 05/16/2007 02:23 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Hi,
> With the rawhide sync down and packages stuck on various non-mirrored
> state I couldn't help noticing the retro rpmfind-ish experience of koji
> (go to the web site, select the right package letter, open the package
> info page, click on the download link, repeat for deps…)
> While I'm sure the yum repo situation will correct itself soon I
> couldn't help wondering if koji could not serve the same purpose as
> rpmfind for fly-by users (typically users of another distro/release
> version that just want to look at how something was done in Fedora X to
> provide feedback or adapt)
> Right now it only needs:
> 1. a search field
> 2. resolving dependency links
> 3. displaying of rpm metadata
> to provide a full modern rpmfind replacement (internal files are already
> resolvable)
> Do other people feel that would be a useful thing to add?

Sure. I had the idea also quite some while ago:

It's not regular updated or so and it's running on a slow machine. Also
the links are currently dead links. It was just a quick hack of an idea
- - but then busy... :-)

If I can help with my source/experience (backend is python, frontend is
perl), I will...

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)