Explaining the new suspend quirks functionality in F7

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed May 16 19:46:13 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ah yes, pushed development onto this laptop as of May 10th, suspend
>> went boom.
>> got hal-0.5.9-6 on May 11th, haven't tried to suspend since then...
>> let's see if it still goes boom.
>
> Hey it sort of works... suspending while in the dock and resuming
> while still in the dock...NM is a bit confused after the resume and
> didn't re-enable my wired network..but it resumed.

Yeah, I've seen that happen sometimes, but haven't yet had a chance to
hunt down why.  Can you reproduce it consistently?  If so, does
dissabling /apps/gnome-power-manager/networkmanager_sleep in gconf make
it better?

If that doesn't help, does re-enabling it and doing:

touch /etc/pm/sleep.d/10NetworkManager

help?

(Richard, why does this setting still exist in g-p-m?  Or is my gconf
entry a relic?)

--
   Peter