Re: Explaining the new suspend quirks functionality in F7

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 11:01 -0700, Miles Lane wrote:

> So, as you can see, my system information should match the existing
> rule, but when I try to suspend, my video never comes back after
> resume.  Evidently, the rule isn't being triggered.

I think I've spotted a bug where there is some sort of race between the
dmi prober and the fdi cache reading. I'll debug it some more later
today.

> One more observation.  It would be very useful for you to include that
> command I used ("lshal | grep system.hardware.product") in your online
> documentation.

Sure. I intend on doing a "explaining fdi matching" tutorial to explain
to mere mortals how to make the rules :-)

Richard.