Re: The scroll bar in emacs 22

On 17/05/07, Göran Uddeborg <goeran uddeborg se> wrote:
Late in the cycle I start to notice the details:

The scroll bar in emacs 22, with GTK, is a bit strange.  It acts as if
there is an empty page after the actual contents of a buffer.  Since
it is possible to place the last line of the buffer at the top of the
window, there is in some technical sense such a page in the DISPLAY of
the buffer.  But I find this non-intuitive.  It is more natural if the
scroll bar reflects the part of the buffer CONTENT that is shown.  It
was like that previously, in the non-GTK emacs 21.

Does anybody know if this is some kind of configuration error?  Or
something I should report upstreams?  Or maybe an intentional, eh,
quirk, of GTK emacs?

I see the same thing. Actually, it's more tricky than that - you get a
different result depending upon whether you use the mousewheel to
scroll, or the scroll bar. With the mouse wheel you get the behaviour
that I think you desire. This is inconsistent though - I suggest
reporting it to emacs-devel mailing list.