Massive size increases in certain packages

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri May 18 08:14:54 UTC 2007

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I did a quick compare of FE 6 to the last FE devel and found that the
> following packages have increased in size by more than a factor of 2.
> Some of these may be fine, I haven't looked into it in detail.

Thanks for the effort, however it looks like you've looked at the combined size
of all subpackages of a package, for example ogre which is mine:

> ogre 6374746 -> 29476134

Has a main package of only 2 Mb, most of the size increase is explained by the
adding of a new samples sub package which ways in at 15Mb (previously the
samples were unpackaged).

The rest of the size increase seems to be due to errors in the way you've
calculated the size, the FE6 ogre, excluding debuginfo ways in at 10 Mb
(x86_64), the F7 one at 25 Mb.

Regards,

Hans