X-Chat in Fedora

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri May 18 23:26:35 UTC 2007

> On 5/18/07, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Any one want to step to the plate?
>
> on a side note.... now that we are post merge we have xchat and
> xchat-gnome in the same repo.  Would it be that horrible if xchat fell
> out of the repo? Is xchat-gnome upstream more responsive to patching?
>
> -jef"I'm an xchat user, but i no real reason to prefer xchat over
> xchat-gnome or vice versa"spaleta

xchat is some of the most astoundingly bad UI design I've ever seen. You
have to manually type in a comma separated list of channels to autojoin?
WTF. On the flip side, at least last I tried it, xchat-gnome lacked
basic, vital functionality. Like autojoining channels. Or automatically
identifying to nickserv.

... So now I use irssi.