Re: Explaining the new suspend quirks functionality in F7

On 5/16/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
New in Fedora 7 we have the new pm-utils and hal-info dmi based matching
of suspend quirks. We are doing finer matching to the laptop make and
model, to make suspend (and more importantly resume) work for more
people.

What this means:

* Some machines that suspended in FC6 might not work in F7
* Lots of machines that did not suspend in FC6 might work in F7

Does this also affect the "hibernate" operation? My oldish laptop
(ASUS M6Ne) stopped powering off when hibernating since I upgraded to
FC6; I would be glad to fix it, though it just means I have to
manually power it off with the button.