Re: Packaging when upstream source filename doesn't change for revisions

Le dimanche 20 mai 2007 à 14:02 -0700, Eric Smith a écrit :

> Bssed on the naming guidelines, I think the SRPM should be
> asl-1.42-0.x.bld55.src.rpm.  But my question is what to do about
> the source file.  Do I leave it as asl-current.tar.gz, or do I
> rename it locally as asl-current-1.42-bld55.tar.gz?

You leave the file as-is. Except when one needs to remove embargoed
content (patented code, etc…) you shall not do any reprocessing/renaming
outside the spec file, that just kills the rpm audit trail and general
reproduceability.

> If I leave the filename alone, it is not
> possible to have multiple versions in the RPM build tree, but
> perhaps that's not important.

It may be important to you as packager. In that case your job is to
convince upstream to fix their habits.

--
Nicolas Mailhot