Re: RFC: Fedora 8 and KDE 4

Jeremy Katz <katzj <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Why do the devel packages have to conflict?  If the libs are parallel
> installable, the headers really should be too[1].  Otherwise, there
> basically has to be a flag day event for things to work.  And that
> sucks.

I hate -devel conflicts too, but the at least the .so symlinks conflict, and
the KDE people are also ignoring some other -devel type conflicts (like the
kconfig_compiler executable, see
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=117947655224722&w=2 ) because they say
the -devel packages can't be parallel-installed anyway due to the .so
conflicts. So I don't see any other solution than a -devel conflict. :-(

        Kevin Kofler