can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed May 23 12:34:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 07:54:36AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> We (the desktop team) hope to get rid of the grub menu in the default
> boot sequence instead of making it nicer. See
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBetterStartup

Putting timeout 0 in grub.conf doesn't work by the way. I've been caught by
this and you get situations where the BIOS or driver menus steal one keystroke
and grub finishes before the next autorepeat. Then you have to use a rescue
CD and hand edit grub.conf which isn't user friendly 8)

timeout of a second or so with no text probably works fine although its not
a good idea. Hardware vendors put back "hit F12 to ..." type messages for
a reason - people lose the manual and can't work out when to hit a key or
what to hit so generate support traffic and get annoyed...

Alan