Re: can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 09:30:21 -0400,
  Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:

> I'm not attached to the "timeout 0" at all, and a "press any key..."
> message from grub is certainly more useful than most of the other text
> that appears on screen during boot... The thing we care about is
> avoiding unnecessary mode switches and ugly transitions in the boot
> sequence; for which it might be enough to not have grub show an image.

Getting rid of the splashimage is easy. I do that all of the time.
(In fact I turn off all of the graphical boot stuff.)

I wouldn't like a timeout of 0. I do test installs of Fedora and being able
to recover in grub is often faster than having to boot off a rescue CD/DVD.