Re: can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 13:43:08 -0400,
  Dave Jones <davej redhat com> wrote:

> Right. It's painful enough already having to walk some users through
> "remove 'quiet' from your boot command line" when diagnosing "my computer won't boot"
> bugs. Some users have absolutely no idea what this means, and making it
> even more hidden is going to raise that barrier further.

I wonder why that was ever there in the first place? I doubt that sending
output to the console has a significant effect on the boot time. If people
don't know what the messages mean, they are just going to ignore them
anyway.