Re: can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 01:43:08PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> Right. It's painful enough already having to walk some users through
> "remove 'quiet' from your boot command line" when diagnosing "my computer won't boot"
> bugs. Some users have absolutely no idea what this means, and making it
> even more hidden is going to raise that barrier further.

I've had private mail pointing out that 1-2 seconds is not sufficient either.
If you are a disabled user relying upon the text mode support in grub
and a screen reader that is not long enough for the message to be read
and a response.

Perhaps someone with accessibility tools in Red Hat can test the needed timeout

Alan