mdraid and hpa upgrade issues (was: Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap)

Jarod Wilson wrote:
Okay, fc6 mdraid to f7 upgrading via anaconda works for me now.

Once that's done, I'll see what I can do to see if the kernel option libata.ignore_hpa can be used to help those who don't really wanna nuke their entire system to move from FC6 to F7.

Starting in on this right now...

Got the problem reproducing, but...

  Unknown boot option 'libata.ignore_hpa=1': ignoring

Talked to davej, module parameters can't be passed on the command line just yet. So anyone with an FC6 system that uses part of the host protected area is currently not able to upgrade to F7 using anaconda (FC6 to F7 can be done with some modprobe.conf magic and upgrading via yum though).

davej is going to poke some folks who were working on a patch to allow module parameters to be passed on the kernel command line.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com