ifcfg-* files vanishing

I'm not sure how to go about debugging this problem.

If I set up a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 file for my wireless network NIC and ifup wlan0 then everything works. If I reboot and the wireless NIC is not present then during the boot process something moves the ifcfg-wlan0 file to ifcfg-wlan0.bak. This is obviously not great since then when the NIC becomes available again all the config for it has vanished so I can't ifup it until I've put the ifcfg-wlan0 file back.

However, I have absolutely no idea what might be removing the configuration on boot. My only guess is that it might be Kudzu, but that really is a bit of a blind guess.

--

 - Steve
   xmpp:steve nexusuk org   sip:steve nexusuk org   http://www.nexusuk.org/