Re: mdraid and hpa upgrade issues (was: Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap)

On Thursday 24 May 2007 15:36:16 Tony Nelson wrote:
> Well, this keeps me from upgrading to F7!
>
> How serious a problem results from doing an installer upgrade from FCx to
> F7, no repartitioning?  Is it going to cause massive data loss for
> unsuspecting users, or does the Anaconda notice and stop the process?
> Would a respin be needed to get the installer to work for them (me)
> (assuming they recovered from the first upgrade attempt)?

It wouldn't allow you to reuse the partition.  There shouldn't be any data
loss, it would just be unable to deal with the existing disk/partition table.

An updates.img might take care of it, but it may also need a new kernel, which
would be a respin.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora