Re: mdraid and hpa upgrade issues

Jarod Wilson wrote:
Ah, just noticed the email in this thread from Bruno... Could be some way to deep-six the hpa area within FC6 before upgrading... (and personal experience would suggest this can be done somehow -- I had a drive that used to have the hpa issue and now doesn't -- but I know not the magic incantation).

This link gives some data on how to use the setmax utility to nuke the hpa area on a drive, which you could do under FC6, and subsequently, an anaconda-based F7 upgrade should work fine:

http://www.niiconsulting.com/checkmate/2006/09/hiding-data-with-hpahost-protected-area-in-linux/

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com