Re: can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

Christopher Aillon wrote:

Would it make sense to add some magic in anaconda so that when someone installs onto a drive with other OSes, we know we're in a dual-boot setup and we re-enable a timeout? Do these people always want to select in this manner?

On a dual-boot system, the need for and the optimal duration of a timeout are higher than on a dedicated, single-OS machine.

There's probably no unique solution to fit all real situations, so the installer must take that into account.

Also, the "secret handshake" idea is bad. Just to mention "press X to do Y" doesn't hurt anything and reduces user frustration tremendously.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/