Re: t4 upgrade from fc6: fails on lvm fstab naming

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 09:54:17AM -0400, sean wrote:
But my real point, is why does install insist on a LABEL? The /dev naming convention works fine with the new kernel.

LABELs never change unexpectedly. /dev names can change unexpectedly, although with LVM this is less likely than without.

Also, system-config-lvm has no option to provide a LABEL.

Neither does fdisk. Does system-config-lvm have an option to format a filesystem?

Maybe, but that wouldn't help with an existing partition. If we're looking to make upgrading easy, the user shouldn't have to reformat a partition.

sean