Re: IBM ThinkPad R52 Quirk submission

On 5/25/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 10:08 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I have tested Fedora 7 Live CD and make IBM R52 work with a quirk and
> I would like submit my findings so that IBM R52 JustWorks for other
> people in Fedora 7.

(snipping some lists)

> I managed to suspend and resume 5 times from X and 2 times from
> console1 (ctrl-alt-f1) with this quirk:
>
> pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios

Brilliant! Well done.

Could you please test your quirk with HAL using this as a guide:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-try.html

Hmm, does that mean that I need to install Fedora on these laptops? I
have fedora 7 installed on my personal laptop but all other laptops I
can only test using Fedora 7 Live CD.

Is there a way to make hal reload config files with quirks after I add
new config lines to it?

And then submit a patch against hal-info using this guide:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-report.html

This way you get credit for finding the quirk. If any of the
instructions don't make sense, please mention it, so I can make things
clearer.

> the info I collected from lshal is:
>
> system.hardware.vendor = 'IBM'
> system.hardware.version = 'ThinkPad R52'
>
> please include this laptop as soon as possible so that Fedora 7
> JustWorks with it when it ships.

I think it's a bit late for F7 prime, but we can get this information
into a 0-day hal-info update pretty easily.

Well done for finding the quirk!

Richard.