Re: What's with Nautilus?

On 5/26/07, J French <me semitekie com> wrote:
Dan Young Wrote:
 > Under Nautilus, if you try to remove items (move them to the trash or
 > hit Delete with them selected) that are on an NFS drive, you get an
 > error "Not on the same filesystem".

 >My files deleted from Nautilus on an NFS-mounted /home go into ~/.Trash.
 >
 >Works For Me.

Your uname -ri? This was 6.93 x86_64 if that matters. However, I can't
see why the platform should have any bearing on the subject at hand.
Also, perhaps it's only working properly for nfs mounts under /home - my
systems are all mounted under a dedicated fs with something like:
/nfs/domains/com/ribosi/machinename/mountpoint
and
/nfs/domains/com/semitekie/machinename/mountpoint
If they weren't, I'd have a nightmare managing them. This shouldn't
matter either.

uname -ri
2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 i386

Hmm, I'm just mounting on /home.