Scons and optimization

Should this go to fedora-packaging? If so, I'm sorry.

Trying to build yafray, which is a raytracing-based rendering system
that can be used with Blender. It uses scons as it's build system. Due
to the nature of this software, it does a lot of calculations, upstream
suggest optimization, see:
http://wiki.yafray.org/bin/view.pl/UserDoc/FaqEng#Compilation

There's no scons guidelines in the wiki, although DraftsTodo does state:
"In the announcement thread for the cmake guidelines, it was suggested
that scons guidelines in the same vein would be useful."

Two questions: How do I deal with scons on a general basis? and How do I
deal with scones and optimization in this particular case?

--
Sindre Pedersen Bjørdal <foolish guezz net>
- http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SindrePedersenBjordal