FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-05-24

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon May 28 19:13:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:58:27AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Right.  A bug for the Debian maintainers and a tracker bug in Fedora
> that references that would probably be a good place to start.

I'll reopen a bug in fedora once the debian maintainer is in initialcc.

> I read that FAQ as background for last week's meeting :-(.  It looks
> like someone needs to get the gumption to start a cernlib2 project.

Not really. There are already more or less replacements. (geant4, root).
And hopefully most of the math is in the gsl. However it is still
usefull to have well tested fortran routines to use...

> There seems to be a lot of portability issues with cernlib that the
> Debian maintainers have sometimes been able to fix and other times are
> unsure whether they've fixed or just got it to compile and not
> segfault immediately.  Making correct fixes appears to require ABI
> changes which upstream cernlib is unwilling to do.

Indeed. All the fixes are in fedora, though.

--
Pat