if this is a bug then it is a nasty BLOCKER for F7

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:03:52 UTC 2007

On 5/28/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/28/07, Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Sure, it's possible. It's even more likely if you can help do
> > debugging / testing to make it happen.. but I can't *guarantee* that the
> > problem will be fixed by Thursday. Alas.
>
> I think people have narrowed things down to the specific kernel which
> started having the problem. The real pain is going to be figuring out
> the specific patchset betwen the kernel versions which is the culprit.
>  But dave is currently spending his roundtoit's doing exactly that
> sort of analysis for the more serious problem of the boot issue for
> the dell lappies.  Hopefully I can find a way to bribe dave to help
> find the suspend issue with a serious of test kernel builds after he's
> done dissecting the boot problem.
>
> -jef

I just finished installing, updating, testing, rebooting... and after
5 hours of testing I can claim that the current F7 kernel 3194 has a
major bug preventing laptops to resume.

I installed Fedora Live CD 20070517 with kernel 3163 on my HP Compay
nx7300 laptop and suspend works great with quirks (I just sent patches
for HAL regarding this). After updating to latest updated version of
all packages except kernel suspend/resume still works great.

When I update kernel to 3194 suspend works great but resume freezes
the laptop. There. :)

If you need more proof please tell me.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/