Re: shiny desktop, anyone?

Vista Aero is not supported on any machine either, what they do is they try to detect
whether it is runnable or not. Just be a little bit thoughful for the users, and you are
better off.

Jeff

On 5/29/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix gmail com> wrote:
On Monday, May 28, 2007 6:00 pm Chris Brown wrote:
> As for arguing that Beryl and Compiz packages are not getting
> the required attention then it would be helpful if you elaborated a little,
> particularly regarding the bugs. Even have a trawl through bugzilla and add
> your thoughts.

Obviously somebody has missed that Beryl/Compiz can't be default on ANY distro
(and in fact isn't default on any distro I know of), simply because it
requires a certain level of system upgrading that can't just be ASSUMED to be
there.  My desktop can run Beryl, but my laptop can't, so I'd have a pretty
hard time using a distro that used Beryl by default...