Re: koji weirdness

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 08:28:45 Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Still it takes ~20 minutes for dist-f8-build (~3 min per repo plus
> the time it takes to fill the repos with package links):
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=19563

Yep.  Some thought is going into how to speed this up, since the packages/ dir
is available there may not be a need to make hardlinks, and since most if not
all the repodata is already in the koji DB it should be easy enough to dump
contents directly into repodata files using some API, and reference the
packages where they live.  Could reduce the repo creation time significantly.
However not something we could have done by the merge time.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora