Re: For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

On 5/29/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer jdub homelinux org> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 17:10 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Sounds like a good process to me; opens up the buildsys to more arches
> w/o imposing more work (on anyone who isn't wanting that work, at
> least).

That's a bit of bad statement.  I'm not wanting to do work to fix things
on x86, but I do.  The purpose of secondary arches isn't to get people
out of work.  It's to allow the base to move forward for the majority of
Fedora users.

I never said anything about getting "people out of work"; rather, I
was commenting on how this proposal allows Fedora on non-primary
arches to move forward without generating additional workload for each
maintainer.

I rather suspect we're saying the same thing, but from two different
directions :)

                              -Chris
--
Chris Weyl