Re: For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 03:26:27 Hans de Goede wrote:
> The fact that koji now builds for ppc64 has shaken a few bugs out of some
> of my packages, most of which every packager should be able to fix (with a
> little help if needed). I think that just allowing packages to fail for
> secondary archs, is too easy. Atleast people should try to get things to
> build, and if that fails add it to some kinda tracker bug.

Nobody said it was going to be a silent failure.  However a failure on say ARM
shouldn't stop the very important kernel build from succeeding on
i386/x86_64/ppc/ppc64.  It should throw off alarms to the kernel maintainer
and to the arch maintainer for ARM and it should be looked into.  It just
should NOT stop or hinder the progress of Fedora on the primary arches.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora